Sunday, December 11, 2011

I am my family's fainting goat!

I did it again. Passed out when laughing. I know what your thinking. I can almost see the look on your face.

I didn't always do this it's something that started about eight years ago. It has gotten a little worse but nothing I can't deal with. My family knows about it my close friends know also. I wish I knew if it had a name or am I the only one?
Now the world will know also. Ok my world  will know  Allrecipes and Facebook. I have noticed lately that if I turn too fast I get a slight buzz like one too many wine coolers. I might have this looked into after the holidays.
My kids think it's funny to see who can make Mom pass out the fastest. My loving husband, "He who never gets his way" just puts a sleeper hold on me and gone in a wink. 
This blog is a copy of one I posted a long time ago back when Yahoo did blogs. Since I do recyle here you are. I hope you enjoy it.


The more time I spend with my family
, the more I wonder if I will survive.

I have spoken before of making myself small
And hugging the walls in this house of

He who never gets his way.

  
RK. the computer wiz

Testosterone. (Husband chases boys, boys chase each other)

We have a good time at home, but… (There

David the marine befor usmc

Is always a but) From time to time things go a little too far.

There are some things you need to know
Before I tell the tail.

1.             Husband is retired navy cop & plays ruff.
2.             My brothers were cops and I play ruff too. So don’t think its anything more then joking around gone bad.
3.             At some time I will get bling for what happened. So it’s a win for me.
4.             The last time it was “poor hubby” that got hurt. (But that’s another story).

Last night was just such a night. I’m laughing now, but… <~~See there’s another one).

We were sort of watching “M*A*S*H” and
I was cooking dinner and boys and hubby
Were being the hairless apes that I know
And love.

This behavior always includes at least one
“Hay Dad! Watch this!” or “oh shit, sorry Mom” and two or three “oh now you’re mine jerk” and my favorite “ Now boys calm down
don’t make your mother mad” (that is a laugh) Now
that they are almost 20 they answer back with “Oh it’s too late for that dad, you started it!”

David the “Hi Mom” kid, sails past me at the
Stove. Stops and returns with a hug for me and is gone again, over his shoulder he gives me the international sign for shush don’t tell. I know why as soon as I hear the
Loud “Son of a”… I’m so proud of my husband
He has learned to censor himself, this often
Makes him sound like he can not complete a
Coherent thought but it cuts out a lot of cussing.

My husband is now wandering the house looking for who ever did what ever to cause the outburst. As he wanders by me in the kitchen he stops for a hug and a peck on the cheek. “Have you see our youngest?” is the question “I can’t say” is my answerer.

Now this is a challenge in our house. I know the rules “dish it, take it.” I play the game as well as the next family member.

“Oh really, you can’t say or won’t say?” laughing and in his best Col Klink voice
“I have ways of making you talk mine cookie”
“No, no you don’t not when I’m trying to cook” I warn (what was I thinking) I was thinking it would work is what I was thinking. It didn’t and the tickling begins.

Now some how I thought I was going to stop
This action by smacking my husband playfully
With the wooden spoon I was stirring the mashed potatoes with (yes I really do cook with them).

He said something smart and I got smart back and he “as we like to say in this part of the world” came untrained, and put me in a sleeper hold.

This is no big deal with our kids but I pass out if I laugh to hard (there is a name for this but that’s another story) so what should take 10 seconds
And give the person time to say uncle only takes about 4 and I really thought I said something. They tell me I didn’t only a funny “snurgel” kind of sound. The last thing I remember hearing was M*A*S*H on the TV. Sidney Freedman was telling some kid it would be ok. Now I am wondering how I’m going to get back to the house from Korea.

This makes me chuckle and think your not really in Korea, you’re, well shit where the hell are you.

I do not know if all people feel this way on passing out and coming to, but I did.

Now on the outside looking in. I am now in a ball on the floor. Bob is feeling really bad about the sleeper hold decision & wondering why it is I’m smiling. I’ll tell him later.
David hears his father calling my name louder and louder , waits till he says he heard my knee pop to come running (did I mention I have arthritis). As I come around and wake to the moans I realize it’s not on the TV. My knee is screaming at me and its not “you can do it” it’s more like “why did you do it”.

My hubby bless his heart is on his knees holding me. As he should be, no reason I should be down here alone. My son is saying
Oh shit Dad do you hear that?? Mom’s knee is popping every time she moves it. Ok good just what I need to hear someone say.


I’m all back now. thats then I realize that it’s not my knee popping its Dads I’m laying on his bad knee. Oh this is tooo funny now.
My knee is killing me but its not as bad as my son thinks. However his dad is much happier when I roll off his knee.

The three of us are all laughing on the floor by this time. My knee is never going to be the same but it’s easing up some. Dad asks are you ok honey? “I know he was looking for a oh sure baby or yea I’m good”
BUT… all he got was “are you kidding? Right now I’d kill you for a Klondike Bar” This is a running joke in our house. To see the joke go here.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go) the joke your looking for is at 4:48 .
My loving son rolls to his side laughing. Poor husband frowns and tries to hide a smile. He’s in on the joke too. Now is when son number one comes out from his room. “What’s up you guys?” almost angry “Why didn’t you Call me?” now into mister pissy  “I miss all the fun!” and with out missing a beat “Oh, is dinner ready?” and finely holding out his hand  “Here Mom you want some help up?” I can see father and David plotting a way to get him for that last one.

Well dinner is done and I’m enjoying some TV. As look at my loving family doing the dishes and think… it was almost worth it.
I call to my hubby “honey, could you bring me some more ice for my knee?” yes your right I am going to milk this for the rest of the night and as long as I can tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This really made me laugh out loud! Wish I could have seen that!

    ReplyDelete